Sweeping Blues: 101 Sweep Picking Licks for Blues Guitar
101 Sweep Picking Licks for Blues Guitar
"I wish it were secret so I could keep these great licks and ideas all to myself!" (Paul Tauterouff)
Are you a Blues player tired of the old "stock" Blues licks? Fall in love again with your instrument with this innovative approach to Blues guitar! Discover the "secret weapon" of players like Frank Gambale, Scott Henderson, Eric Johnson and Guthrie Govan.
By reading this book you will:
- Learn how to modify "classical" arpeggios and make them sound Bluesy.
- Learn how to avoid "kinks" in your solos by connecting scales and arpeggios seamlessly.
- Learn how to use Repeating Licks and Exit Strategies to add emotion to a solo.
- Discover why the pentatonic scale does not work on Turnarounds (variations of the Blues chord progression) and what to use instead.
- Harness the melodic power of the Diminished and Superlocrian arpeggios for a modern Blues sound.